Buy Our Gender Checking Database for $25
If you'd like to buy our database (containing 102,240 authenticated names) for academic or commercial purposes you can find out more about us and our methodology below. We also have a 125% Money Back Guarantee to give you confidence.
500+ Satisfied Customers
Our Database Download
Our database of 102,240 authenticated gender tagged names is available for purchase and immediate download for just $25
Following secure payment you will be emailed a link to a CSV file containing our data which you are free to use in any way - there are no license conditions.
The data is structured in a very simple way - one column containing names (one name per row) and a second column designating the gender (male, female, unisex). You can download a sample of the data here.
Occasionally we receive data update suggestions and corrections from our site visitors and clients. We will automatically email you once a quarter, free of charge with the latest database version so that you are kept up to date.
Our Data Methodology
The GenderChecker.com database is primarily compiled from 2001 and 2011 UK census data. As a multi-cultural country with a population from across the globe, this gives our data a strong international dimension.
This core dataset has then been cross-referenced against several other online sources to ensure gender accuracy.
Finally, GenderChecker.com has received over 9,000,000 visitors since 2008, some of whom have kindly helped with additions and edits to the data over time.
Our database contains 102,240 unique names, each of which is classified as male, female or unisex. Our approach for classifying names as unisex is very strict - if we find any instance of a name appearing as both male and female, we classified it as unisex. Whilst this means that 7% of our names are 'unisex', it means we have a high degree of confidence in the gender classification of the remaining 93% of names.
Potential Use Cases
Once you have purchased the GenderChecker.com database, you are free to use it however you want - there are no license conditions. Some of our clients' useful and interesting use cases of our data have included:
* Verifying the gender of telephone call centre contact targets
* Segmenting a marketing database into male and female customers
* Identifying the male/female gender distribution of an undocumented refugee population
* Developing an API to dynamically determine the gender of a customer on the checkout page of a website
* Supporting evidence in a University PhD thesis investigating links between gender and vulnerability to a particular disease
* Identifying gender and unisex trends in baby names
Meet Our Founder
British entrepreneur Oliver Bridge set up GenderChecker.com in 2008, frustrated by the lack of data available to identify whether a name was male or female.
Oliver is the also Founder & CEO of Cornerstone which has raised £8m in venture funding since launch in 2014. Oliver was recognised in the Forbes 30 Under 30 in 2017.
GenderChecker.com now receives 200,000 visits per month from across the world and has serviced 2,000+ satisfied corporate, charity and academic clients.
125% Money Back Guarantee
If you're not happy with your database download, we'll refund you 125% of the cost of your purchase (yes thats right - your money back, plus 25% extra).
With over 2,000 downloads of our database sine 2008, we're confident you'll be satisfied.